Thursday, July 8, 2010

Seussical the Musical

Seussical the Musical, Kaysville City's Musical offering for 2010, was such a fun show. While I wasn't actually in the show I was able to take headshots and rehearsal shots for the program and then dress rehearsal shots and cast photos for the lobby display and just for fun. =)

My good friend Aaron Ford played the Cat in the Hat. Aaron was my love interest in my last show Kiss Me, Kate. He is amazingly talented and I hope so, so much that we get to work together again. Aaron is headed to Broadway to dazzle the world so the chances are slim, but I can always hope. This picture is the last moment of Act I but I had to start with it because it's my favorite shot from the entire shoe. It's just so Aaron! lol!

Here are the Wickersham brothers and they were fantastic. I loved this scene. I think it's the one on the right that has this amazing bass voice that just comes out of nowhere.

Yay! One of my favorite things about doing pictures for Kaysville City is getting to see old friends that I have worked with in the past. The part of General Schmitz was played by Brian Wilkinson. I had the privelege of working with him in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Beauty and the Beast.

This is the hunch song scene and as you can see it was done with a blacklight. So fun! Kristin Pettingill Barlow is a brilliant director.

I loved how colorful the show was. It made working on the pictures extra fun. Here is the Cat in the Hat with Mayzie Bird. Aaron did this crazy Louis Armstrong voice . . . FABULOUS . . . I had to ask him later if it was really him singing.

Yes, that's a real baby. Apparently they had a selection that took turns. My friend Sam's baby was the star one of the nights. Apparently whichever was in the best mood got to have their moment in the spotlight. I saw the show three times. One with camera and two without. Good show, good friends, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment