Saturday, July 10, 2010

New York - Scene 3: Start Spreadin' the Neeeeeews . . .

It took FOREVER to get up to the top of the Empire State Building (really beautiful building on the inside btw), but it was definitely worth it. Luckily it was about midnight at this time or it would have taken us much, much, longer. City that never sleeps? And how! Oh how I love N.Y.C.

I'm a bit of a lunatic sometimes, I admit it. For some reason in my head the Chrysler building looked completely different than this. Of course when I found out this was it I was forced to exclaim 'I want this place to shine like the top of the Chrysler building' and then proceed to sing showtunes from Annie . . . I mean it's a given, right?

I love lit up night shots. Thought the streets in this picture were cool. Like the pulsing arteries of a primordial beast. Yes that's what I really thought and yes, I really do talk like that. ;)

I have NO idea what these buildings are.

YAY Times Square!!! Oh how I love Times Square! Granted you can't actually see it in this shot but you can see where the lights are coming from. 'Lights? I've never seen so many lights. It was like, BROADWAY!!!' LOL!

I wish I could get the moon to look as good in pictures as it does in real life. This was a heart-clenching moment. The moon, the city, Lady Liberty. Did I mention I'm on the Staten Island Ferry at this point. It's bumpy and windy and cold. Hallelujah for image stabilization. Have I expressed my adoration for my new lens recently??

I love reflections. Happy, happy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment