Monday, January 31, 2011

My World

I've started another photo project that I am calling My World. It started with a particularly brutal day, January 10th. Just one of those days where you feel like you are being pummeled for no particular reason. I tried all the standard cheer-myself-up methods but to no avail. I even called my sister in Australia for a chat only to find that she was being evacuated in the terrible flooding that ended up destroying her home...not a good moment. Someone who I admire told me that they use writing as a way to work through things. I've tried doing that but it doesn't work very well for me. I feel self-conscious about who may read what I say and what they might think, so I wall off. I was thinking about this that night when I realized that I prefer to communicate through images because that's really how I think. There are always pictures in my head. So I decided to try to communicate my world, my thoughts, my emotions, through photographs. There are stories behind every one of them. So far it's been a wonderful experience and a lot of help...I figure it's a whole heck of a lot cheaper than therapy. :)





1 comment:

  1. I love the concept of this project. And these photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete