Monday, March 5, 2012

1,000 Stories {One Million Words}

This album is my 1,000 day photo project. I loved doing my 365 day photo project entitled My World. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself artistically and one of the best personally. I expected to be relieved when I completed it but I wasn't, I missed it terribly. I decided to start another daily project but I wanted it to have a different theme. I have always loved stories. I feel like I always have one or more going on in my head at all times and when I photograph I am always trying to tell the story of what I see and how I feel in my images so I decided to make that the theme of my new project. If a picture is worth a thousand words then I hope to record a million of them.

I decided to start on Leap Day because it's just a fun day and here is my favorite story so far.

I took this last night, it was my Grandfather's 86th birthday and my extended family was together to celebrate it along with St. Patrick's (we're Irish). My Grandparent's were enjoying a moment (I won't say quiet because my family is NOT) and I bolted for my camera.

Here is the link to my Boutique site where I will be posting all of my stories.
http://fineart.illuminephotography.com/1000stories


p.s. The file names are dates and times the images were taken. I like to remember both. Although my objective was to not explain my My World photographs I will be telling the stories behind these images more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment