Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 2010 Photo Project or ARGH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Once upon a time . . . okay so it was May 13, 2010. I took a really fun lighting workshop from the brilliant AND talented Ryan Christiansen. The very next Monday I ordered a plethora of new lighting toys, hoping to have them in time for some upcoming photo shoots and projects. Cue the hideous backorder. I hate backorders, they're just mean. Here's a shiny new toy, PHYSCH, can't have it, neener neener neener. Lol =). So I finally get the call that all my stuff is in, YAY, as I'm standing in the airport waiting to board a plane to N.Y.C. Nope, not EVEN going to complain about that. Well technically it was Boston, but ANYWAY. . . time passes, I get my stuff, I have stacks of manuals to slog through. I even spend every free moment during my recent jaunt to my beloved Shakespeare Festival (HeLLOOOO Mr. Darcy) reading up on the last two (sorry Mom, Dad, and Leah). I spend ages setting everything up (my bedroom looked like a cross between a movie set and a war zone) when I discover to my horror that I have a 1/4 inch synch chord instead of a 1/8 inch. ARGH!!! THE HUMANITY!!! ...Barbara Manatee, Manatee, Manatee. You are the one for me, one for me, one for me. Lol, inside family joke. =)
Finally the hideous error was rectified and I got to play with all my toys today. Two-and-a-half months later. Haha good times, I had fun.

I couldn't choose between these two, and I'm tired and really shouldn't be up still so ta-dah, both!



The goggles make me giggle, just had to. =)


Sidenote: I just got a new phone, it's the new HTC EVO 4G and oh, how I love it! I haven't allowed myself to read my phone manual until I finished all my lighting manuals (sorry everyone who got multiple hang ups from me because I didn't realize that I was calling you) so now I get to read it. Huzzah!
p.s. I named my phone Scottie, and if you know me you'll know why! lol ;)

1 comment:

  1. I must have commented on these on your facebook but they are awesome! I totally want similar shots of Jaren when he's bigger. Then to my shock I realized it was Seth. :)

    ReplyDelete