Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not bad for a first try.

I drive over Trapper's Loop frequently and for the last month or so I have been increasingly fascinated by the fall grasses that practically glow as they are backlit by the setting sun. Not the best thing to do while driving, I know. Anyway, I have been wanting to try to photograph someone walking in the grasses for awhile now. Well, for Halloween my beloved (and spectacularly, amazingly talented) Aunt Carol made costumes for my daughters and asked if I could take a picture of them wearing them for her. Perfect! So I dragged my children, who were not particularly enthusiastic about the project (never let it be said that I don't sympathize with mothers trying to get their kids in for pictures), out the door. All I can say is taking backlit pictures is WAY harder than it looks, I so need to practice tons more before I drag clients there. I did get the pictures, they weren't quite what I envisioned, but hey, now I have something else to work on so it's all good! =)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your children are absolutely adorable, of course because they have a stunning mother. I cannot believe how big McKenna and Abbie have gotten and your little boy is gorgeous! I LOVE his big brown eyes.

    ReplyDelete