Sunday, November 21, 2010

Alex is getting MARRIED!!!!!!! (Park City Engagement Photography)

This is my incredibly wonderful and beautiful cousin Alex and my soon to be cousin Christopher. I adore them oh so much! They were kind enough to let me take their Engagement pictures a couple of weeks ago and we had so much fun. Alex wanted an urban feel and while my husband and I were in Park City for a fun weekend get-a-way he suggested we shoot there. I loved the idea, Alex loved the idea and voila, there we were. We ended up shooting for a little over five hours. I don't normally shoot that long for an Engagement session but I wanted to play with some night pictures and they were game so... =)

We wanted an urban look but a little more classy sophisticate than grungy. I love how the shots turned out. These are just a few of my favorites and they are mostly the "play" ones that I like to do for myself, luckily Alex and Christopher like the play shots too!

Love the shadow, love the shoes!

Love the colors!

When he pulled out the hat I started bouncing and squealing like a little girl... I really did.

I love all the colors in Park City, this blue building was a must shoot. Add a light post and a gorgeous couple and...magic!

Shooting through bars. It's artistic. ;D

I was sad to turn this to sepia because I loved the red of the balls but it just looks better. I especially love the way the sepia accents the texture in the balls. Makes it more of a graphic element and less distracting.


I heart the whole series of the shots by this window but I had to pick (I hate picking sometimes).


So cute!

I love the Park City Trolley so I was fully prepared to beg, bribe, cajole, and wheedle in order to take pictures on it. No need! The driver was THE nicest guy ever and everyone else seemed to love just being a part of the fun day. People were so nice to us the whole shoot. I was thrilled at what we got on the Trolley and it was something I'd never done before which y'all know I'm a HUGE fan of.

I love this little moment.

Hahaha, my Aunt has two stores in Park City so we just had to take some pictures in one of them. They're mannequins, I love this shot! Christopher fits in well with my family!

My husband liked the car in this shot.

This shot is my FAVORITE!!! It's the picture that I had in my head for this shoot. Yes we are literally in the middle of the road. I think I'm lying in the road. We would literally scamper back and forth. Good times!!

Manamana!
Love, love, love, the glowy red balls. We had to come back here after the lights came on.

This wonderful art gallery owned invited us to come in and shoot on his fun couch. We're going for major attitude in these shots. So fun! So glad my beloved cousin is marrying such an awesome guy. He is the best and game for anything. We have had such a great time taking pictures. Thanks Alex and Christopher, love you both!!


I need to mention that the name of the gallery is Silver Queen Fine Art and their website is www.SilverQueenFineArt.com. The owner is Timm Hilty and he is awesome!

8 comments:

  1. Okay, #1, I didn't know Alex was your cousin! I love her. I did her make-up for a couple of shows and I think we were actually in a show together in high school.
    #2 LOVE, LOVE the shots on the trolly!
    #3 I really love that you were able to to the urban shots without the grunge feel. It's so classy! Everyone these days is big into the classy dress with the grungy background. That's fine and all, but I think that what you've done here is rather great. It seems real yet modern and has an edge that captures the couple. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were all SUPER cute! I'm definitely adding park city to my list of shooting locations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to them! We love that Park City worked in the photos. Please share with others when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT. We hope to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Mallary, it's so fun that you know Alex. It's a small world!

    Meghan you should, it's such a fun place to shoot! I did their couple session at the Castle, thanks so much for sending me the contact info!

    Visit Park City, I am always happy to share,are you wanting them posted on your facebook? I'm a little unsure of what you mean. =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, and yah, he seems awesome- good job Alex! It's funny because the first thoughts I had with the shadow shot were "ooh, cool shadow, ooh and cool shoes" and then read your caption. I love the picture with the hanging ball ornaments. Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it wrong that I have two Fedoras and still feel hat-envy of Christopher?
    These are great, Park City is the best. You'll have to find a girl to pretend to be my fiance so we can take some shots while I'm still in decent shape :-> We'll photoshop the real girl in later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA...Ben, is it wrong that I seriously thought about how we could do that??

    ReplyDelete