Sunday, January 17, 2010

BOUNCY, Bouncy, bouncy . . .

I've posted previously about how I take on a random photo project each month. Something I shoot for the fun of it, or as a specific challenge. For January I had in mind to go to Ogden Canyon and take a picture of fluffy new snow on the rocks in the river with the icy cold water rushing past. I envisioned a dramatic black and white with silky blurred water. Well, that's what I had in mind but . . . it hasn't snowed, I've been a total baby about the cold AND I really didn't want to take my new camera and lens out in the elements. Knowing me we'd all end up IN the river. SO, I decided to try a still life. I'm definitely weak on still lifes but hey, kind of the point of the challenge. So here's this months offering. Just me playing around with a bunch of bouncy balls. It was actually quite fun! =)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandie! I really LOVE the idea of a monthly challenge!! especially for me who at the moment is only taking pictures of my kids. I worked in wedding photography for a while (talk about crazy pressure :) but now am not really doing anything! i miss it and i love it!! anyway I think i'm going to take this on for myself. thanks for the great idea!!

    ps) what's your new camera???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked the idea, thanks for letting me know. I would love to see your work too, where can I?
    I got a Nikon D700 and a new 70-200mm 2.8 VR lens. Oh, how I love them. They are perfect for shooting screen and stage which is where I really am moving toward right now.
    Oh, and I named my camera Magic ...'cause I wanted too. Lol =)

    ReplyDelete